Oil fired Trianco Redfyre Centrajet 13/17 - Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please!

Just fitted unerfloor heating and have put 2 new Honeywell valves that are set to open as not wired in yet.

Right .... we've had the boiler serviced 2 days ago and working fine. new valves put in today and all fired up fine tonight with plenty of hot water and central heating ..... then boiler goes off and orange reset button comes on, on the boiler.

I think as the valves were both open that the water may have got to hot and tripped out a limit stat in boiler???

When I click the Reset button on the boiler it makes the normal start-up sounds then instead of firing up it just clicks and orange reset button comes back on ??

Has the boiler got a limit stat that's tripped out and can I re set it ???

Got a 6 month old baby and 2 year old so getting nagged to get the heating back on .....

Many thanks for any help anyone can give and I know its a time to replace it but not got the dosh right now!!

Cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
You have a problem. Could have one (or more) of 5 causes. Don't worry about the kids, they'll survive, and it's going to be warmer tomorrow.

Just fitted unerfloor heating and have put 2 new Honeywell valves that are set to open as not wired in yet.
Who did this, and why did they not fully test the system?

Is there water in the system?

Right .... we've had the boiler serviced 2 days ago and working fine. new valves put in today and all fired up fine tonight with plenty of hot water and central heating ..... then boiler goes off and orange reset button comes on, on the boiler.
How many rads? How is the temperature of the u/f zone controlled?

I think as the valves were both open that the water may have got to hot and tripped out a limit stat in boiler???
Please stop thinking that, because it's nonsense.

When I click the Reset button on the boiler it makes the normal start-up sounds then instead of firing up it just clicks and orange reset button comes back on ?
That's a good thing, because you have a repeatable problem, not an intermittent one.

Many thanks for any help anyone can give and I know its a time to replace it but not got the dosh right now!!
Replace what? :confused:

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I fitted the U/F heating up to the manifold and Plummer connected up water from hot water system to manifold
Electrician connected U/F heating into central heating control panel
Tested and all worked well for a week or so but we had a problem that the original heating system has “S’ type valve system and now needed to be “Y” valve system (is that right) i.e. If the U/F heating valve called for water it was also going through the original three way valve (which ever way it was open HW or CH) - But U/F heating has been off since install while screed dries but ran fine at install.
So today had fitted 2 more valves so all three heating zones can call for water independently from boiler.
Electrician not able to get here today to connect new valves into the connection panel, so the old three way valve that is attached to redundant section of copper pipe is still connected to the connection panel.
all three valves are set to fully open and electrician was due to connect up 2 new valves on Monday
Is there water in the system ? - as far as I can tell there is ? Water comes out of red if I bleed them ??
We have 9 rads and U/F zone controlled by “Towerstat RSP” thermostat on wall and Honeywell 22mm 2 way valve
Came home tonight to plenty of hot water and heating then at 9pm boiler stopped and on came reset button – and the H/W was really hot?
Replace What? - Sorry I was talking about is it time to replace the boiler??

Thanks again for any help – Cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
With a centrajet I would save yourself the heartache and get someone in who knows the boiler. They are not nice to work on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back