central heating and boiler

Ok well you need to test voltage for the white wire to the 3 port. With the heating off. You should have 0v. If you have 230v then there is a fault with wiring or the programmer. If no volts at white then your valve will be passing. So replace the head or full body. Hope that helps or if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Nath

Sponsored Links
sorry nath
there is one more thing that may be relevant theres a pipe from the hot water tank and the 3 port valve which has a bleed screw on it but I have
nothing coming out of it if I undo it. not air or water I know it did work
when we had a british gas engineer come out think he put a new pump on about a year ago.

ok nath just saw your post you have been very helpful i'll test that and replace if nessasary.
again thank you very much for all your patients and help.

much appreciated.....
steve

ummm before electrocuting yourself or spending money on a new mid pos valve, i'd be checking that the arrow on the pump is going towards the valve & also that the small header tank in the roof has water in it !!

if it does drain some water off from the heating on the ground floor & make sure the tank in the roof starts filling itself

Sponsored Links
No problem. And as cbf checked for water in the small tank in the loft, and just read your post regarding the air in your system. Could possible be a blocked feed.

Nathan

hi Nathan

thanks for your concern but don't worry I don't take chances with electrics
I also have taken on board your advice and it looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me..but I will try out these things before paying out for new parts. although found the 3 port valve with motor @ b&q for about £43.
will let you know how I get on. failing that will have to be gas engineer at a cost of about £200.
thanks again
steve...

hi nath.

just an update.. ended up getting british gas out (twice) fist one was useless
second one solved the problem. you were right it was a blockage in the feed to the boiler. it's not perfect but working but have decided and arranged to have the whole system replaced. new boiler and changing over
to a combi boiler. anyway thanks for all you advice was much appreciated.
steve...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back