Central heating boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody out there know if I can still purchase a new 100,000 btu gas conventional flue boiler suitable for gravity hot water and pumped heating.

Sponsored Links
I doubt that there are ANY boilers suitable for gravity hot water still available.

Its a bit like asking for a Morris Minor with 803 cc side valve engine !

Everyone reading this will wonder just why you want an inefficient and totally outdated style of boiler.

Tony

Anybody out there know if I can still purchase a new 100,000 btu gas conventional flue boiler suitable for gravity hot water and pumped heating.
Not legally in this country, but some cowboy may be able to arrange something.
Question is indeed: why on earth would you want to?

Sponsored Links
I guess thats a no then, suppose I'll have to get new thermals and a bigger kettle.

Why not do the normal thing and buy a 24 kW condensing boiler and convert the system to a fully pumped system?

Tony

He has a heat only boiler with a gravity primary.

Probably only adsorbs about 4 kW at the moment but with a pumped primary that heat input might be doubled to say 8 kW if its not too badly scaled up. The 24 kW boiler will be modded to minimum but on all the time and quite efficient at that power level.

Now a 35 kW boiler would be seriously cycling and be off much of the time and the heat input to the cylinder might be even less.

Tony

As always, I was thinking about a combi. Force of habit I suppose; I can't stand those dirty old tanks.

Been told I got a one pipe system, to change that I will have to decorate the whole house. Any chance a condensing combi will work.

There is literally a chance that it will work, but bigger chance you will need adjustments.
Personally, I am not a great fan of steamers on one-pipe systems, but others think it is fine.
Cleaning the system properly might prove to be a bit of a job.
Finding a good installer will be your key issue, as it will be easy to botch it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back