shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
I now have a power shower with a pump and a conventional boiler and tank system. I'm having a combi boiler fitted and have been told I will no longer require the pump for the shower is this correct? also will I get more pressure at the shower off a 100,000 btu than a 80,000btu

thanks in anticipation this a great site
wes

Sponsored Links
> I'm having a combi boiler fitted and have been told I will no longer require the pump for the shower is this correct?

correct, combi will heat water directly from mains (with mains pressure), so no need for shower pump

> also will I get more pressure at the shower off a 100,000 btu than a 80,000btu

depends, you may want to measure your flow rate first i.e. take a bucket and fill it from your kitchen tap, measure how many litres you can get per minute. Now look at boiler's DHW (domestic hot water) spec and see how many litres of DHW it can produce per minute. The idea is you don't need big boiler if you don't have big water flow.

hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back