1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Combi Boiler Shower help

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by sttdci, 13 Mar 2020.

1. sttdci

sttdci

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I currently have an Aqualisa Aquastream pumped shower on a gravity fed / water tank standard system. I have read that you can't have a pumped shower with a combi boiler but I want to swap to a combi boiler before getting the showers replaced.

So my question is can you just not have a pumped shower under any circumstances with a combi boiler or is it that you can not have a shower with the pump running ?

I have an isolator switch to the shower which will stop the pump running so could I still use the shower with the caveat that there might not be much pressure etc. until I get the shower swapped out for a combi boiler compatible thermostatic shower ?

Thanks in advance for your advice

2. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A pumped shower is for low pressure supplies but a combi will give you high pressure. Not sure if it will work at all with a combi.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you will have to remove the pump, most pumped shower valves can cope with a combi, not all though

5. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would it work, probably, will it give you enough flow, wouldn't know until you try it I guess.

Given the Aquastream is a power shower and looking at the way it pumps, you may not get much flow at all as you wouldn't be able to remove anything to allow it to flow better.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. jeff the gasman

jeff the gasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maximum static pressure is 1 bar so it’s a no from me.
    They’re not designed for that scenario.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local