Central Heating Combi Boiler pressure low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ferroli Modena 102

Guys, my central heating keeps turning itself off. I looked into this and discovered that the pressure is at 0.1 bar when the system is off, and 0.5 bar when the system is on. This isn't within the user manual specification, so I need to increase the pressure via the filling loop (according to the manual), but I can't find the thing! Here is a picture to save me from descibing the scene.

img0531er.jpg

All assistance is gratefully received.
Thanks
rjw86

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
rjw86

Well you dont have a filling loop there! It looks like a garage with some insulation missing on the pipes.

Look inside the house for a filling loop!

Tony

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate the help.

This is in the attic. I've looked at all the pipes in the house and can't see anything obvious. Could it be that one hasn't been installed? Is there any other way to increase pressure?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
It must have one somewhere. Look at FAQ to see what to look for.

behind washing machine is typical.

I once found one under the floor!

You should add insulation to the pipes!

If you dont find a convenient one then its not too difficult to add one under the boiler. Perhaps £60-90 as a non urgent job or £12 for materials as a DIY if you have the tools.

Tony

Thanks for the help Tony. Eventually found the filling loop in the airing cupboard complete with pressure meter. Pressure has now been restored, heating now on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back