Central heating cutting out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help please?
I live I we live in an 1950s 3 bed semi, we have a Camray Compact oil boiler and Honeywell electronic programmer.
The heating has not been used all summer but I've just had oil delivered and fired it back up again, it fires up fine but after a short time it shuts off ! Weirdly the power seems to trip on the programmer as it goes dead.
There are no trips thrown in the fuse box but if I flick the heating trip off then on again it powers up again! It stays on for random amounts of time before cutting off again and I have to repeat the process.
I'm guessing it could either be a programmer fault or maybe the electrilonic flow switch???
Anyone have any ideas please as I don't have money at present for a callout fee for a plumber!

Sponsored Links
Do the radiators get hot?

If not then I would suspect the pump may be seized if it has not been used all summer.

See the FAQ on this site for details of how to spin the pump.

I am sure that you would find the cost rather than freeze if you really had to call an engineer!

Tony

Thank you for your reply!
The radiators do seem to have a problem as they aren't all getting hot but I can hear the pump working and some bubbles passing through so I guess they need bleeding. We have a wood burner in the lounge so we won't quite freeze to death just yet! Lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back