Central heating does not always respond to prog, H2O does.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post so hello to you all, I hope you can help me with this ongoing problem. A heating engineer has had a look and changed the synchronous motor to no avail. Anyway the crux of the matter is outlined below for anyone who's interested in an annoying problem that's beginning to bug me.

My central heating does not always come on when programmed to do so neither does it always go off at the exact time. I have changed the Synchronous motor in the 3-way valve. This helped initially but the heating is now behaving as before. Unscrewing the plug from the pump and allowing some water to drip out brings the heating on.

The pump works OK even without the above so why doing that should make any difference I have no idea.

Hot water no problem. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
HI

please give more details of your system
Thanks for the reply. OK I'll tell you what I can but if I leave anything out I'd appreciate your advice about any other information I should include.

On the literature I have that came with it:

Indirect cylinder assembly for:-
Fully Pumped System - with separate feed & vent.

Glow worm Hide Away 60 Open Flue Boiler.

10 radiators in total.

Cheers.

HI

i will try my best
if it is fully pumped then it is nothing to do with the pump.
it is likely to be the programmer /timer,room thermostat or two port valve (if there is one )

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, I think what I'll do is change the timer and see what effect that has. I'll let you know how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back