Gas Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I hope someone may be able to help with a problem i am having with
my gas central heating. Before I start, I know practically nothing about
Plumbing etc, so info may be confusing.

I have a problem where I am not getting heating to my downstairs radiators but do get it to my upstairs radiators. The problem is also that once or twice I have had heating downstairs, but nowhere near the temp
of upstairs and never really lasts. I have also had the heating switched on, and everything seems to be working; yet heat doesn’t go to upstairs either or sometimes takes ages to heat up.

Info: Ideal Classic 350FF boiler
Megaflow tank??
2 x 2 port valves with synchronic motors.
6 x radiators upstairs
4 x radiators downstairs

Also, seem to have lost pressure in my shower (not electric, runs from tank I think)
Sometimes in morning, water from cold tap is very warm???

I have tried bleeding the radiators, I have checked the pump and it seems to be working. I have changed the synchronic motor to the 2-port valve connected to the heating in case that was the problem. It does seem that when I have the hot water on it can affect whether the heating comes on or
not.

Thanks for reading my post ......

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Kevplumb, i will try that and let you know how i get on.

Tried as Kevplumb suggested, didnt make a difference. All radiators were cold except the one in the upstairs hall that doesnt have a TRV. Any other
suggestions as its freezing cold....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back