Central Heating Distribution Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System is a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo Unvented Heating System.

Last year my heating (distribution around house )worked correctly until i had a plumber in working on a seperate boiler issue (Also resolved). i.e I COULD HAVE THE HEATING ON UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS AT THE SAME TIME..... BUT NOT NOW.

Now my for my house set up.. I have a thermostat downstairs in the hallway that controls all the downstairs heating.

I also have a thermostat upstairs in the main bedroom that controls all the upstairs heating and the radiators in the bathroom.

The above all worked perfectly up until the boiler issue. The builders plumber after checking and fixing the boiler stated that he had adjusted the system so that the bathroom radiators would come on if either the upstairs or downstairs heating is switched on and yes it does that.

HOWEVER......If I swicth both the upstairs heating on and the downstairs heating on at the same time EVERYTHING goes LUKEWARM so i can have one or the other but not both at the same time.

Yes if the warranty is in date and the builder was still around i would call him direct but they are no longer around.

Incidently in the hot water tank cupboard i have three honeywell 2 port valves all set to auto.

I suspect he has rewired these or do i need to set one to manual..

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
the reason youve got the 3 valves is one for DHW one for up and one for down on heating (you probably knew that) check the setting on the cylinder stat (65c approx) the rest is down to balancing the system also check your boiler stat, if either one of the heating zones gets red hot when its work on its own but not both its either pump set to low or the boilers getting to temp and shutting off. Check to see if there's a bye pass fitted and if so close it to see if that works

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back