Central Heating Faulty ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a problem where the central heating will not come on sometimes. It is set to come up automatically at 5:30am for both upstairs and downstairs, but for the last few weeks it has not been coming on downstairs. The opposite was happening in the springtime of this year where downstairs was coming on but upstairs wasn't ???

Over all of this time the hot water setting worked all of the time.

My wife put the heating on tonight by pressing the downstairs and upstairs heating to 'ON'. Only the upstairs heat came on. My wife then pressed the downstairs 'BOOST' button and the heating has come on downstairs.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this. Is it simply a problem with the heating control panel ???

Sponsored Links
More info please i.e make & model of the timeswitch/programmer and any room thermostats? ;)

More info please i.e make & model of the timeswitch/programmer and any room thermostats? ;)

I knew that I had missed some detail from my post :LOL:

There are 2 thermostats in the house. 1 Towerstat RS on the upstairs landing and 1 Hortsmann HRT2 thermostat in the downstairs hallway.

The heating is controlled via a Horstmann channelplus H37XL panel.

The heating is an unvented system.

Let me know if I have missed anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back