Central Heating has a mind of its own !

Thanks again mate.

Ive been and had a look.

I can move the black plastic leaver from right to left and I can feel parts in the actuator move.The A to B on the side moves freely and resets itself back to A without an issue when you let go.

Does this sound normal ? -

Sponsored Links
thats the manual lever, the button to release it (if it is the newer model and does have 1) is on the other side opposite the position indicator..
what ya describe does sound norm but i still think the fault will be with the 3port

cheers gaz,

You know your apples !!, its on the back :)
I have psuhed it in and heard a click and pulled it back so ill give that a go and report back tomorrow.

You have been a great help fella, Ill update this post after testing tomorrow.

i think you will have to replace the actuator to sort it, jus make sure the shaft is free before replacing the head

Sponsored Links
bit of bad news, I couldnt get the actuator back on and when playing about with it I snapped off one of the plastic pins :(

When I turn the heating on the actuator does move from the A to the B position so I have had to leave it off for now and manually turn the value into the B position for my heating to come on.

I always thought, A was for heating and B was for water but in this instance its the other way around.

Great, Ill pick one up.

If you have a chance to look over the below, can you let me know what you think.

I want to fit a radiator in my conservatory. One person has been to have a look and they said to get it hot enough, I will have to feed pipes from my airing cupboard where the main manifold is, reducing the pipe as the run goes from 15m to 10m microball.

One other person has said, to just come off the closest radiator with 10m microball and that should be ok.

Im worried about option 2 as if its not hot enough its a waste of time. ( I need the new rad to get as hot as the rest as its the one room that needs the most heat)

I do have 15m pipes in my kitchen ceiling that I located the other day, would it be possible to come off them to feed the new rad instead of coming off a radiator close to it ?.

I didn't ask why we needed to come from the airing cupboard but I guess there is a good reason or he wouldn't of told me to do it that way.

Im thinking that using the 15m pipe in the kitchen ceiling may save me time taking up the floor boards up stairs, unless you know of a good reason why not to do it that way.

without seeing it it's hard to say but my preference would be to run the pipe-work from the airing cupboard where the manifold is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back