timer has mind of its own?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have moved into a new house and the central heating seems to have a mind of its own. Its an old baxi back boiler style system with the tanks in the loft. Basically the hot water works on timed, constant and off as expected however, the c/h does not work on timed (ok on constant or off), the pump runs constantly even when the water and c/h is off. Also the radiator in our bathroom remains warm when c/h is off but hot water on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hav a look in ya airing cupboard (where ya cylinder is) and have a look if ya got any valves, if so how many? do ya have a room stat? do ya have a cylinder stat?

Gas man gaz,

Thanks for your prompt response,
My cylinder is in the loft space, the cylinder and tanks look relativly new. I think that they were installed when a power shower was fitted. This meant that the cylinder was taken from airing cupboard to make the bathroom bigger and put in the loft. It must have been fitted in the last 2~3 ish years. From memory there are two valves and a small box on the side of the cylinder which i think is a stat. There is also a room stat in the hall.

Make any sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back