Hose pipe to flush c/h system..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to flush the my c/h system with a hose pipe to the c/h tank in the loft.
Will it work if l put a piece of wood across the ball float to shut of the water entering the tank then drain off on the lowest radiator with a pipe connected to the drain valve, leave this open and flush water with a hose connected to a tap down the c/h tank..

Sponsored Links
I did mine by removing a rad,putting a hose on one feed to drain and putting live hose feed to the other,capping cf and vent.

I did mine by removing a rad,putting a hose on one feed to drain and putting live hose feed to the other,capping cf and vent.
Not to sure what you mean by capping cf and vent.. Would it not work the way l explained then..

Sponsored Links
Is it possible to flush the my c/h system with a hose pipe to the c/h tank in the loft.
Will it work if l put a piece of wood across the ball float to shut of the water entering the tank then drain off on the lowest radiator with a pipe connected to the drain valve, leave this open and flush water with a hose connected to a tap down the c/h tank..

Short answer is, no it wont work. Doing it that way will only flush out the drain cock & pipework to it & even then not very well.
The only way to get a decent result is with a flushing machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back