central heating hot water feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... I have taken an old radiator out and put a new one in. now its time to connect the feed and return pipes. I cut the old ones off and blanked them off. Now I am not sure which is which ( stupid ) I would have thought when I put on the central heating the feed pipe would get hot but they both stay cold ( by the way they are still blanked off ) help please
cheers
mickcoulson ( idiot )

Sponsored Links
hi.... I have taken an old radiator out and put a new one in. now its time to connect the feed and return pipes. I cut the old ones off and blanked them off. Now I am not sure which is which ( stupid ) I would have thought when I put on the central heating the feed pipe would get hot but they both stay cold ( by the way they are still blanked off ) help please
cheers
mickcoulson ( idiot )

Mick, it doesn't actually matter. Your new rad will work whichever way around you connect it.

Until you allow some circulation, they will stay cold. Does it matter which way the water flows? Unless you have very old TRV's which are not bi-directional. Even so, if you are replacing and connecting up to the existing tails, how can you go wrong?

Sponsored Links
As long as it is not a vertical radiator it wont matter which way round you connect it, if fitting a TRV most modern ones are bi-directional so wont matter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back