Central heating in a loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am have a house which was previously used as flats. It has two system boilers with tanks in the loft (4 tanks in total). I have two meters and boilers, one set each on ground and first floors.

I am having a loft conversion and would like to install a seperate boiler to the second floor (to allow me to convert back to flats in the future,but three flats instead of two).

Loft company's plumber originally told me I could run two boilers of the existing first floor meter (and add a third supply at a later date).

I am now being told I need a third gas supply or a bigger first floor meter. He has not done another inspection but has changed his view and I do not understand why.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should be doing? In an ideal world I would like to have three megaflow boilers, one serving each floor, with the 2nd and 3rd floor megaflows being served by the same gas meter for the time being. Megaflows wanted due to good water pressure but is there a cheaper alternative? Any ideas on how much this should all cost?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back