Central Heating Making Gargling / Water Running Noises???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Some of my radiators have started making what I can only describe as gargling/water running noises when it is on. It is at its worst when it first comes on in the morning. All works fine but slightly concerned about the noise and could do without it as it wakes me up!!!!!

Can you please advise what the problem might and what I can do to overcome this?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
could be air in the system. try bleeding the rads.
if you have air in them, you had best check the pressure gauge on boiler (assuming you have a combi boiler?) as if there was a lot of air let out, the central heating circuit pressure may drop below operating level and you'll have to top up again. usual pressure when hot and running is about 1-2 bar for most boilers i believe.

When you bleed them, what colour is the water?

Thanks for the help chaps.

I am planning on bleeding the rad's this weekend but this has brought up a further question. I was expecting my rad's to have bleed valves at the top, but there aren't any??? Any ideas???

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
IGNORE MY LAST POST!

Been a long day and just spotted the plastic cover that reveals the bleed valve!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back