PRV Gave it a twist to left but still losing water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My boiler wont start, I noticed sometimes not all the time water outside, so I gave the PRV a nudge to left held it and heard some water release and the presuure dropped and also heard some gargling...I now have the pressure drop everyday to 0 even when I put it to 1 bar. Can the PRV stop the boiler kicking in? do I need a new one? I do notice if the bolier does start I usually hear a small gargle of water then bingo it starts...is this the PRV thats blocked?

many thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
I am this week mate I just wanted to see if anyone could suggest the problem for reference, would it make a gargle noise when the bolier kicks in normally?

Once the pressure drops to below a certain limit, the boiler will not fire, it's a safety feature. If there is water seeping out from the external pipe from the PRV then it is letting by. Will need looked at or replaced. The gurgling noise will be the boiler pressurising again after the water has been evacuated by the PRV, it's a usual occurrence.

Time for an engineer as Gav suggests.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back