Vaillant TurboPlus Losing Pressure Daily

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a problem where my diverter valve was not working, so got that replaced…now that my hot water/heating is working fine again – I am having to fill up my boiler every day. After around 24 hours the pressure drops to 0. I have noticed the pipe outside the house which is connected to the pressure relief valve is leaking a drop of water roughly every 2 to 3 seconds.

Is it likely that the pressure relieve valve needs replacing? Or could it be something else?

When the boiler man came to check out the system some weeks back, he opened up the PRV to let out some pressure, and I’ve heard that can cause it to leak forever till its replaced.

I take it these PRV valves are not repairable?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
If the pressure does not go above 2 Bar then the PRV is leaking.

Sometimes they can be operated a few times and that can clear the dirt off the seat but it does not always work in which case they have to be replaced.

You should not drain the boiler that way. We sometimes do but that model has nice drain valves so there is no excuse on your model.

Tony

If the pressure does not go above 2 Bar then the PRV is leaking.

Sometimes they can be operated a few times and that can clear the dirt off the seat but it does not always work in which case they have to be replaced.

You should not drain the boiler that way. We sometimes do but that model has nice drain valves so there is no excuse on your model.

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

The pipe leaks all day..even when the boiler is not in operation. But I will make sure the pressure does not go above 2 bar when in use.

Maybe I'll try to release some pressure/water a few times to see if it clears the valve before I replace it.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back