PRV Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a question regarding legal aspect of replacing a PRV on my boiler.

Boiler is a Vokera Mynute 12e and basically my ex-wife tried to top up boiler and left filling loop open so pressure went up to 4bar and obviously PRV kicked off. Ironically the filling loop was leaking internally as she knackered the slot and it wouldn't close off. She's moved out and I've moved in so started doing jobs around then house and one was to replace the filling loop and since then I have to re-pressurize the boiler when I want heating!

I'm happy its PRV as there is water dripping out the relief pipe and I can get one for less then a score. Now I am mechanically competent and am more then confident I am able to safely replace PRV but just want to know if I can do it legally? Replacement would not mean opening up any sealed part of boiler.

Oh also intend to re-pressure expansion vessel whilst got her drained down :)

Annoying thing is I just took out Boiler Cover but it dont kick in until boiler has been serviced and service is booked for Monday! Sods law and all that.

Sponsored Links
Could be some dirt in the prv?
Hold it open and and at the same time open the filling loop and give it a flush through.....you never know?

nothing to stop you changing it but try cleaning it by opening and closing a few times as previously advised

Sponsored Links
And when its stopped leaking put some good quality inhibitor in the system.

Job Done :) Pressure now sits perfect and not topping it up every 5 mins

Not adding inhibitor as moving a radiator next month and will do it then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back