Central heating not reaching set temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

We have a valiant combi boiler, serviced and checked a month or two ago (by someone we've been using for years at another property), and a honeywell hc60ng thermostat unit.

We use this on 'manual' mode, if I come in and switch it to on, with the temperature arrows set to say 21, it fires up the boiler, the rads come on, but then it seems to stop at 19 or so, refusing to go any hotter - even if left on (like last night) for say 5 hours.

It doesn't seem to make any difference if I use the temperature things to push it to say 25, it still seems to get to 19 or so (in about half hour) and then just sit there.

I'm not too fussed but my girlfriend is quite chilly (she doesn't have as much built in insulation as me :LOL:).

The radiators feel warm/hot and the tops don't feel cold or anything, any ideas anyone? - When I'm home I can supply pictures galore.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back