central heating not turning on

T

teddyb

Hello

We have a combi boiler which heats the water and does the heating. Water is fine but the heating is not coming on. It was working fine last March but trying it just recently the boiler doesn't seem to recognise that it should fire.
We have a Drayton Digistat wireless system and have checked that the boiler control for CH is 'continuous' and that the SCR unit is receiving signals from the RF unit.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Any ideas and/or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you may be getting signal from transmitter but is your receiver giving switched live to boiler

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the comment:

'you may be getting signal from transmitter but is your receiver giving switched live to boiler'

so I don't know what to say about this. Sorry.

I would suspect that the central heating pump is stuck and not spinning, try giving it a few smart clouts with heal of an old shoe with the heating switched on.

how do I recognise the pump? ... wouldn't want to clout the wrong bit!

Remove front cover of the boiler and the pump is located near the top right hand side and will have a circular disc on the front which surrounds a large chrome screw.

hmmmm .....

Nothing at the top, but at the bottom is a cylindrical thing with a brass screw in the centre of the disc. If this is it, and I think it probably is, do I hit the flat disc or the curved side section? Both are obscured to a certain degree by pipework.

:oops:

This sounds like the pump then. Ok, clout the flat disc, if awkward to get at use a short lenght of wood etc. If this fails undo the large screw and insert a screw driver into the hole, situated under this screw, and free the impeller by turning the screw driver.

Thank you! I will give it a go tomorrow (I'm due to be out now) and I'll let you know how I get on.
I really do appreciate your advice ..... and understanding. Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back