Central Heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I accidentally knocked my Programmer off the wall the other day and some of the wires came out. I have re-wired it but now my CH will not switch on.

I have a Potterton Lynx electronic combi boiler. On the programmer (ACL Lifestyle LS111) the HW is wired to N & L and the CH to terminal 3. You then have to link the L to COM. I done this and my HW works on demand but my CH still would not switch on. I suspected the programmer was faulty so I tried connecting the CH directly to the L to check if it was the programmer. The CH still would not switch on?

Now I am completely baffled. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
have you traced the 240v to the boiler? its the obvious next step.

The boiler has power because the HW is working?? I have checked the CH wire and it is still plugged into the circuit board.

er, no.

put simply if your combi is wired correctly it has a permanent live which allows the boiler to heat your water on demand and also provide a pump overrun or whatever.

the clock should be a single channel clock, which it sounds like it is by your description, this provides a switched live of 240v to the boiler so it knows that you are demanding ch.

wire the 240v direct to the ch switched live on the clock (you have done this) and follow this to the boiler, possibly through a roomstat, check the terminal that this is wired to in the boiler, if its not live then there is a problem before the boiler, if it is live then there is a problem with the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

I'll give this a try when I get home tonight.

Is it a bit weird that everything was working fine before I knocked the programmer off the wall?

yes but it sounds like you have wired it correctly from my own memory of the connections.
at any rate linking the ch live to the live terminal should get some action. this is what you have to test as above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back