Central heating only luke warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts,
I have a Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35 boiler and its c.6 years old in my 'new' build. I also have a two wired Danfoss TP5000si thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs connected to two Danfoss HPA2 2-port actuators, as you'd expect.
Problem I have is that neither of the thermostats activate the CH - they do 'click' and the actuators move but that's it. The boiler continuously shows 00 (no issues) and the only way I have found to engage the CH is to switch the boiler off at the mains, wait 30 secs then back on again. Turning the boiler off/on using the rotary doesn't work nor does the reset button - seems that a hard reset does the trick.
Secondly, when the CH is on, its luke warm at the most. The pumps seems to be spinning and the CH flow/return pipes under the boiler get warm but nothing beyond that. When I turn the CH temp knob to max, display shows 30 deg and eventually it'll creep up to around 38 deg a few hours later. I've even played around with the MAN/AUTO setting on the 2 port valve but no change.
Any ideas on what is happening here, what's broken and advice on fixing ?

Sponsored Links
Hi experts,
I have a Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35 boiler and its c.6 years old in my 'new' build. I also have a two wired Danfoss TP5000si thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs connected to two Danfoss HPA2 2-port actuators, as you'd expect.
Problem I have is that neither of the thermostats activate the CH - they do 'click' and the actuators move but that's it. The boiler continuously shows 00 (no issues) and the only way I have found to engage the CH is to switch the boiler off at the mains, wait 30 secs then back on again. Turning the boiler off/on using the rotary doesn't work nor does the reset button - seems that a hard reset does the trick.
Secondly, when the CH is on, its luke warm at the most. The pumps seems to be spinning and the CH flow/return pipes under the boiler get warm but nothing beyond that. When I turn the CH temp knob to max, display shows 30 deg and eventually it'll creep up to around 38 deg a few hours later. I've even played around with the MAN/AUTO setting on the 2 port valve but no change.
Any ideas on what is happening here, what's broken and advice on fixing ?
Is it a new problem, or have you just moved in, or what?

@transam - Hot water is fine, can even adjust it to 'scolding' level.
@fixitflav - It's a new problem. I've only been in the property for around a year and do remember it working well initially when I first moved in. Boiler hasn't been changed since build (as I have the original paperwork and full service history) but its all deteriorated in the last 2-3 months..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back