Ideal Combi and swap Danfoss for Tado

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a new build house with an Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35, and two heating zones. There are two Danfoss Tp5000 wired thermostats, one controls the living room heating and the other the rest of the house's heating.

Both stats are wired exactly the same (they are back to back on the wall between the living room and the hall), as below:
IMG_4533.jpeg

I want to change the two Danfoss for two Tado thermostats. Could someone give me a guide to where to put what please? I have found the following info:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 21.04.40.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm looking at it a bit more, do I:

1 throw away the link
2 park the grey neutral and earth into the insulated slots
3 put the black in the normally open
4 put the brown 230v live into the Com

??

Hi all,

No help from this forum, but in case it helps anyone else, Tado have responded to me and confirmed that the above guess of mine is in fact correct.

Sponsored Links
For future reference, when you start a new thread it is flagged up as being an unanswered thread. This is where most of us look rather than trawling though the forum looking at threads where assistance is already being given.

Because you added a second post yourself almost immediately, the 'flag' disappeared and anyone that had seen it would think someone was now helping you.

So, the bottom line is, the most likely reason you didn't get an answer is because of your own actions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back