Replace Danfoss TP9000, TS2 & TP4000 with Tado

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am new here as I have bought a new Tado system for my home and just need somebody to cast their eyes over the installation. The looks like the perfect place to start!

I am in a new build property which we were told have a two zone heating system in it.

In the utility room we have a Danfoss TP9000 programmer which is connected to a Taxi Megaflow boiler. This is used to set programs and can control the downstairs radiators together with the hot water for the house.

Connected to the TP9000 is a TS2 heat sensor, which is located in the downstairs hall, and currently is connected using two wires back to the TP9000

We also have a TP4000 thermostat in the master bedroom which is connected with two wires back to the TP9000 in the utility. The used to program times for upstairs radiators and includes a thermostat apparently.

Upstairs cupboard contains a mega flow tank together with labels on pipes and junctions boxes labelled, 'water zone', 'heating zone 1' and 'heating zone 2'

I have purchase a Tado control system:

- Tado extension box to replace the TP9000 in the utility room

- Tado smart thermostat to replace the TS2 in the downstairs hallway - This should be able to take over the programming function on the TP9000

- Taso smart thermostat to replace the TP4000 in the master bedroom. This could be wired using the two existing wires.

Could anyone shed any light on how easy it is to wire up the Tado, I am fairly certain my Danfoss system is quite a common install in new builds.

Thanks in advance.

Ewan.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ewan,
I have the same setup, did you get to the bottom of wiring this up? Any tips?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I got it working well.

I'll write how I did it when I get back from work.

Tado Extension unit in place of TP9000
Tado Downstairs Thermostat in place of TS2 (Wireless)
Tado Upstairs Thermostat in place of TP4000 (Using existing wiring)

Ewan.

It appears that your system is exactly the same as mine, and a couple of neighbours whom are thinking about doing the same. so that would be really helpful.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ewan
When you set up the system, do you recall which of the configurations you selected as none of those available appear to be the configs offered on the tado screen?

Thanks
Steve

I'm am also looking for more information on the setup using this configuration.

Any tips??

Cheers

Hi there, I have the exact same setup in my new build house. Any tips on wiring in the extension unit in place of the TP9000 would be great!

Thanks in advance

Hi, sorry I completely forgot to reply until I got a notification last night.

I don't have a photo of my completed wiring for the Tado extension, but was pretty much identical to the TP9000 with the exception of the two wires which went to the TS2 sensor in my downstairs hallway.
On my setup, the two wires in terminals 5&6 relayed to the TS2 sensor in my downstairs hallway. These are not required in my setup.

There were two wires into terminals 3&4 which related to the TP4000 in my master bedroom. I connected these to the Tado thermostat as the wired unit.

For reference on my existing system, terminals 1&2 did not have anything in them.

There were three neutral, three live and four earth wires in my existing setup. An absolute nightmare to wire up.

After that, the Tado installation software would not let me proceed further, I had to speak to a Tado support a few times for them to understand that my second Thermostat ( in same location at the old TS2) was going to be working wirelessly and battery operated. They did some work on my account and I was then able to connect the second thermostat.
It works exactly as you would expect. I had a Nest thermostat in my last house and apart from the Geek factor of having the fancy display and remote control it didn't save me any money.

I prefer the simple nature of the thermostat, and the fact that the downstairs unit is battery powered, and I have noticed a saving.

I hope this helps, it's a great system!

Steve, I most admit I can't remember the configuration I chose. Sorry.

So I finally got around to setting this up today. A lot easier than I thought it would be. For me once I looked at the TP9000 wiring it became a lot clearer. Before and after are attached.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

The wires on pins 5 and 6 were to the TS2 external heat sensor in my hallway so I parked these off as they weren't needed. In place of the TS2 is one of the tado smart Thermostats connected wireless. Interestingly their support told me you can only connect one Thermostat by wireless.

The TP4000 had to wires only and they went in the 2nd smart Thermostat. I have the pics of that as well if it helps.

What confused me to start with was I thought the TP4000 must connect to the TP9000 downstairs but I think this just goes off to the airing cupboard where the tank is to controls the cable for the 2nd floor and calls for heat.

Everything seems to be working as expected!

Hi guys

I’m moving out of a house with 2 wired Tado Thermostats and a load of Tado Radiator thermostats.

The new house appears to have a similar setup to that as described.

Master bedroom with thermostat for bedroom and en suite, thermostat in utility cupboard with TS2 in the hallway.

So my question is can I take my existing setups to the new house? It also has one of those (never had one before) a water tank / heater upstairs for additional hot water?

Do I need any additional kit? Is there any of my kit that’s redundant?

Thanks in advance - I only saw the heating setup today in a show home after measuring some areas ready for my new build in September.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Bringing this thread back to life - I also have a very similar setup in a newish build property. I will need two thermostats by the looks of it as the TP5000 is upstairs controlling the upstairs zone and the 9000 for downstairs. Does the TADO work fine with two thermostats one for upstairs zone and one for downstairs.

Im in the same boat as you Dan. About to purchase so keen to understand if it will work as I’d hope.

Thanks

Hello

I have a similar issue

I have upstairs a danfloss 9000 programmer and a Danfoss 5000!thermostat and downstairs a wired thermostat .

If I get the kit and replace the 9000 with the extension and replace the thermostat downstairs with the tado thermostat will that work and then just leave the 5000 in place as it shouldn’t be needed ?

any ideas ? What is best or am I best replacing the 5000 with another one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back