Nest E and Danfoss TP9000 with TS2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought a Nest E and have been trying to get it to work with my Danfoss TP9000 and TS2. I've wired up the Nest Heatlink in place of the TS2 temp sensor (only two wires) but then can't seem to get the TP9000 to work with it.

The TP9000 is where you usually set the required temp so what do you set it too with the Nest? Full on at 30c and the Nest should then call for the right temp? The more I try to work out what setting for the TP9000 and how it would talk to the Heatlink, the more my head hurts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The TP9000 is a programmable room thermostat, and I’m presuming the sensor, monitors the temperature and switched it on and off? Try setting your programmer to 30 and using the Nest for normal thermostat use.

I've bought a Nest E and have been trying to get it to work with my Danfoss TP9000 and TS2.
Not possible.
It's one or the other, not both.

The Nest E doesn't have any hot water control, so although it can be wired in instead of the TP9000, it will only control the heating.
You could keep the TP9000 for the hot water timer function and use the Nest E for the heating, or buy the normal Nest which has both heating and hot water control.

Thanks. Happy the Nest E doesn't do hot water but I'm still not able to get the TP9000 to talk to the Nest E Heatlink. Ultimately the TS2 is a temp sensor and just tells the TP9000 what the temp is so it can decide when to turn on or of, whereas the Nest Heatlink is to replace a thermostat which the TS2 isn't.

I took the front off the TP9000 and have this wiring set up. 5 and 6 go to the TS2. What if reused the wires in 5 and 6 in maybe live and 4 - would this replicate a thermostat wiring and the Nest Heatlink then turns heating off and on?

Attachments

• IMG_20200415_160639.jpg
    IMG_20200415_160639.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
but I'm still not able to get the TP9000 to talk to the Nest E Heatlink.
This won’t happen.

If you’re planning on using the Nest for heating, then all the wiring needs to be done for the Nest, it’s battery powered, so should only need x2 wires in it, a permanent live (removed from Danfoss and inserted into Nest) and a switch live. Which should be a live/common feed and heating on (number 4)

Leave existing wiring for hot water in the Danfoss and it should work. Remove the wiring for the sensor and safely terminate.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back