Central heating overheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with normal vented heating system glowworm boiler 50FF
1. Overheating boiler tripping out but only when just water heating on.
2. feed and expansion pipe getting hot.
3. hot water pumping into FE tank
4.Pump has been checked and appears ok
5. motorised valve working ok.
My thoughts are there is a blockage in the T where the FE pipe joins the main heating. The pipes around that area are attracted by a magnet. Does this sound logical or is there something else I should look at.
Incidentally there is a shut off valve on the FE pipe near where it joins the main heating. It is the same as used on domestic basins toilets etc. Should this be there? surely it would easily block being of such a small diameter.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
View media item 55283
Classic symptoms of blockages. Only proper way is to cut out and clean/replace affected pipework. If the system has been pumping over for a while then a flush would also be beneficial. That isolating valve is best replaced with a 15mm gate valve, or removed completely. Personally I would fit a full bore lever type valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back