Central Heating pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attached an image of external pipework at the front of my house. I noticed a couple of days ago that water was dripping from one of the pipes whilst the boiler was heating hot water. Should I be concerned?

Thanks.
20220616_115048.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you have a megaflo cylinder there should be a label on it about how to replenish the air gap. Any other issue will need to be looked at by someone qualified to work on unvented cylinders.

Sponsored Links
Is it the larger or the smaller of the pipes? If you do have an unvented HW cylinder and it's the larger of the pipes that's dripping/running then get the cylinder serviced.

If it's the smaller pipe then you need the boiler serviced.

Are you sure that it's from one of the the PRVs and isn't just condensate?., there seems to be a lot of bleaching of the brickwork underneath.

Are you sure that it's from one of the the PRVs and isn't just condensate?., there seems to be a lot of bleaching of the brickwork underneath.
When the hot water was on I could here a lot of water going down the condensate pipe but I assume that is nothing to do with the water discharging through the copper pipes outside, just a coincidence.

The two copper pipes are safety discharge pipes as identified by the first three respondents.

If you run the CH only for 5 mins or so (HW off) and the drip stops then points to a cylinder expansion problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back