Excess pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a heating water tank taken out years ago and opted for a combi boiler.

It looks like there is a lot of excess pipework left, would it be easy to remove the excess pipework as per the red markups in the attached?

Thanks

Attachments

• C6A9E741-04F1-4CC2-AAF6-192F8984AD6E.jpeg
    C6A9E741-04F1-4CC2-AAF6-192F8984AD6E.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 249
Sponsored Links
You should have got a plumber in the first place then it would need doing.

You should put that on the Good bad and the ugly thread.

This is the original pipework that would of been installed when the apartment was built in 2001.

I paid British Gas £2900 in 2014 to remove the original water tank and install new combi

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This is the original pipework that would of been installed when the apartment was built in 2001.

I paid British Gas £2900 in 2014 to remove the original water tank and install new combi

It's not good enough. You paid good money and you should at least expect good work

You should have called them to come back in 2001 and do it properly!

This was the original tank installed with the property built in 2001. I purchased in late 2014 and the tank started leaking during the winter so was happy just to get heating at the time.

just trying to get it tidied up now

Attachments

• 788938BD-31FE-489F-B5CC-BE3944921965.png
    788938BD-31FE-489F-B5CC-BE3944921965.png
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 133
This was the original tank installed with the property built in 2001. I purchased in late 2014 and the tank started leaking during the winter so was happy just to get heating at the time.

just trying to get it tidied up now

Excess pipework not a result of BG's work then?

Looks to me that there is old and new fittings

BG must have used the white HEP fittings, the old JG were obviously the originals. Get a plumber in to open up the floor and get rid of a lot of that. Or do it yourself if you're handy enough.

edited for typo

All very confused, but I think that the OP is now suggesting that BG had absolutely no involvement in the creation of that pipe mess at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back