central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,could anyone help,i have a biasi boiler which is wireless run from a drayton digistat rf1 system.the problem is that i cant get the central heating on.the hot water through the taps works perfect.i replaced batterys in the drayton wireless unit[not that it needed them] and reseqeunced sender and reciever no problem.but central heating will not fire up.have tried to set timer on boiler to bring on heating but to no avail.could really do without a big bill this time of year,so if anyon has any ideas,i would be grateful
terry

Sponsored Links
Is the receiver the one with the two lights on? If so does the green light come on? Try pressing the override on the receiver and see if the boiler comes on.

As Dave said earlier. try pressing the overide button to get the green light on. You did mention that the boiler has a timer, make sure that the time is selected or it is on continuous. If the green light is on and it still doesn't come on then it could be the reciever unit itself.
A way to test this is to remove the cover and put the wire from terminal 3 into 1. If this works then your reciever unit it defective. Only do this is your are competent. Ensure you switch off your electrics whilst doing this.

Sponsored Links
have got the [green heating on ]bulb lit up no probs,then the boiler makes a short sound like gas or air been purged but will not fire up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back