Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Love the DIYnot forums. Always plenty of great advice available.

The boiler problem!
I have a combi boiler with radiators throughout my flat that all get really hot quickly with no cold spots. Unfortunately the boiler cycles (turn off and on) 30 – 60 seconds after initially heating up for approx five to ten minutes. The boiler will often go up-to 65 or 75 degrees and then cycle. On a few occasions, it has clicked on as if about to ignite and then switched back off, but the room thermostat wasn't at the desired temperature. I can't tell the difference in temperature between both middle pipes under the boiler. Even though the radiators are all very hot, the room thermostat in the hallway takes quite a while to go up a few degrees.

Update: The boiler is a Saunier Duval Thema Classic F24E.

Gas engineer 1.
We've had two gas engineers out in the last twelve months. The first stated the temperature sensor in the boiler was faulty and replaced it, but couldn't explain why the boiler still ran so hot and would cycle too often.

Gas engineer 2.
When the second engineer visited last week, it didn't cycle too often, as I have experienced before and since! He is going to give the boiler a service later this week, balance the radiators and place a chemical to remove any limescale, as he couldn't identity a problem. He said the pump is fine.

Can you please provide advice.
Can someone please provide some additional advice, as to what the actual problem could be?

I've previously suggested advice I've found in the forum to the gas engineers. Can someone please provide some advice specifically to my boiler issue, that I can relay to a gas engineer.

Best Regards

Sponsored Links
Well telling us the make and model of the boiler would be a good start.

Evening Dean,

Thanks for the response. It is a Saunier Duval Thema Classic F24E.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back