Central Heating Problems - sorry!

Sponsored Links
Once again, I will have another bash with this information fresh in mind; I am sure as there are only two outlets the valve is a two-port valve, I had it set to manual for refilling.

I know the sun is hot - apart from that, my knowledge on heating systems and plumbing is limited, and I do really appreciate the comments.

planenut said:
Once again, I will have another bash with this information fresh in mind; I am sure as there are only two outlets the valve is a two-port valve, I had it set to manual for refilling.

I know the sun is hot - apart from that, my knowledge on heating systems and plumbing is limited, and I do really appreciate the comments.

Em, if it has two outlets it's a three port.

or are there two two ports, but in any case check the arrow on the pump is facing towards the valve/s

Sorry, even my terminology is wrong - the pipe comes in and goes out, I meant there are two holes, the valve is fitted a little way along the pipe from a T connection, the main pipe I am pretty sure goes into the hot water tank.

Sponsored Links
so is the arrow facing the valve, :?:

manually open the valve and try the rads in hot water mode do they get hot.

So would having a zone valve on the heating mean that there will be two zones, maybe an upper and a lower floor?

(Again, apologize for the sort of questions you've heard loads of times!)

no it means there's normally one for the heating and one for the hot water

kevplumb said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

if you ask really nicely i will tell you where to get a drawing ;)

Wouldn't I just love to see one of them :cry: :cry:

go on gisalaugh. :LOL:

What can I say - these comments and the information is priceless!

I have seen, some time back on the forum, reference to the drawings and I will look back for them - I did wonder how to refer to the system and the nearest I came was "&" (well that's what it looks like to me), but I prefer your suggestion.

Haven't got back there yet as my other heating problem (elsewhere) is the priority - thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back