Central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I drained my system earlier, and refilled it.

My boiler will fire up and heat the water, but it will not fire up and heat the central heating water. Why is this?

It was working until i bled the pump and then it cut out, and has not come on since!!

What should I do?

Sponsored Links
Vented system, condensing boiler, Baxi SP50 I think. The boiler has kicked into life, but it keeps shutting down and turning on, I think it might be due to air in the system. How do I get it out? There isn't a bleed plug on the boiler.

Certainly sounds like an air lock.

When you refilled the system did you set the zones valve/s manually open? You should have done.

Have you an air bleed next to the HW cylinder?

Do you get water out when bleeding the upstairs rads?

Try stop/starting the pump every 30 secs with just the CH selected and any bypass fully shut.

Keep the boiler stat at minimum if the pump is controlled by the boiler, or if it is seperate turn the boiler off and just work with the pump.

Sponsored Links
I cant see an air bleed next to the HW tank. I have allowed the boiler to continue to fire up and shut down, as it does automatically, and the radiatrs are beginnning to warm up, one by one. Only a couple which are cold, but it seems to be clearing itself.

This isn't a problem is it?

Is it ok to continue as I am?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back