combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have ariston combi boiler hot water no problem when I turn on central heating boiler fires temperature is reached in seconds and cuts out no heat in any part of the system checked pump no problem completely drained and refilled system bled system no result any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
If you told us which one of the 50 different Aristom models you have it would help!

In any case, there is clearly a very basic fault on your boiler and a restricted flow would be the first think tio check!

I am always supicious of those who say they have "checked" the pump. can you describe exactly what you have done to check it???

Tony

If you told us which one of the 50 different Aristom models you have it would help!

In any case, there is clearly a very basic fault on your boiler and a restricted flow would be the first think tio check!

I am always supicious of those who say they have "checked" the pump. can you describe exactly what you have done to check it???
Thanks foryour reply exact model is aristonmicrogenus 11 checked pump by removing brass screw to check impeller is turning which it is. How would i check for restricted flow

youcantreallycheckapumplikethatwithoutexperienceoratachometermaybeitstimetocallsomeoneinitcouldbeotherthingstoo

Punctuation helps.

Sponsored Links
check u do not have a bypass valve fitted .it may have collapsed an allowing the flow through it

Have you made sure the auto air vent is open.Also it does seem a circulation proplem,you said you checked the pump,but because it's spinning doesnt mean it's doing it's job.How quick does it stay on and does the flow get red hot coming off the boiler,could be a blockage but unlikely,so see what the boiler temp gets to on the boiler,when it cuts off

Have you made sure the auto air vent is open.Also it does seem a circulation proplem,you said you checked the pump,but because it's spinning doesnt mean it's doing it's job.How quick does it stay on and does the flow get red hot coming off the boiler,could be a blockage but unlikely,so see what the boiler temp gets to on the boiler,when it cuts off
How can i check if the pump is doing the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back