central heating problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help, I have hot rads upstairs, cold downstairs! I have flushed and bled system, still the same, turned upstairs rads off then down started to get warm - hot, when rads turned back on upstairs (even one) downstairs go cold

Sponsored Links
sounds like the system needs balancing and possibly a weak/faulty pump.

Sponsored Links
presuming the boiler is up to the job and the pumpvalves are ok, it needs balancing.
how do you know the flushing was successful?

presuming the boiler is up to the job and the pumpvalves are ok, it needs balancing.
how do you know the flushing was successful?
thats just it i dont? had a plumber round he said to flush system by putting sentinal x400 in to f&e tank while drained down so it was in system then refill and run it up for a while, this didnt seem to work, had a central heating guy in yesterday he then told me to put half a ltr x800 in one of the rads downstairs that i knew was working as he thought the return pipe was blocked, this i did this morning, let it run for two hours, then flushed with fresh water, water coming from drain plug was dark then became lighter, should i reflush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back