Central Heating Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time ago we had a new gas boiler fitted in the kitchen, and our old back boiler and gas fire was removed from the living room.

All seemed well until recently when we noticed that it was only just getting warm upstairs and sometimes the air is cold in the bedrooms and bathroom.

I am wondering whether this is because the pump was removed at the base of the chimney breast where the heating risers go to the first floor, or if there is another problem which has been overlooked.

The first floor heating was run off via two tees from the lower floor heating circuit and it was at this point that the pump was fitted.

The only way that the heating works upstairs is if we turn the heating up to around 20 degs.

Can anyone give my some much needed advise

Ken

Sponsored Links
Where is your room stat located....20 degrees is hardly bahama temps is it.....my guess is that the temp stat is being satisfied before the upstairs is hot enough....check and bleed rads upstairs too.

There is a remote controlled stat at the bottom of the stairs, and we have checked all the radiators to make sure that there is no air in them.

Sponsored Links
My guess is the stat is shutting down the boiler 'cause it's hot enough down stairs........either turn up your stat and use TRV's to control heat downstairs or try to close the lockshields on the trv less rad in the hall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back