Central Heating Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody,

About 18 months ago a plumber fitted a new circulating pump and motorised valve to my heating and hot water supply. This has worked very well until around 4 weeks ago. My heating and hot water is programable via a 'switchmaster' control panel. Now, when using this control panel I can set my hot water to come on but not my central heating. The only way I can get my central heating to operate is if the hot water is on as well. Consequently when my hot water has reached its high temperature, the central heating goes off with it. Result, to maintain my central heating, I have to constantly run off my hot water. I cannot set my central heating to come on independantly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Control : SWITCHMASTER
Thermostat control : SWITCHMASTER 9000 Electronic
Water Pump : Circulating Pump CP 53
Valve: SUNVIC 3 port Motorised valve

The SUNVIC Valve has a removeable actuator head which I have looked at and all the internal cogs appear to work.

Cheers Vivabossman

Sponsored Links
I Agree! It suggests the motor within the valve is the cause of the problem and is not moving the valve to the CH positon. Or if it is moving to the correct position then the microswitch is faulty. The power for the boiler is fed through the microswitch and out through the orange wire. If you can get a replacement actuator head it will cure any or both problems.
There are lots of threads on 3 port valves well worth reading.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back