Central heating pump not working

DJM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the central heating on the rads arent getting very hot. I think the pump has died. Is it alright to keep hearing on unt we get it fixed? We get a bit of heat at the moment and it is very cold

Sponsored Links
Remove the bleed screw on the pump and see if it is spinning, if not try a large screw driver and give it a turn.

Andy

Feeling the pump it isn't running and changing the speed makes no difference so I'm fairly sure the pump isn't working

Sponsored Links
Pump impeller could be stuck, try tapping pump with rubber mallet, if not a pump change takes no time as long as pump valves are in good order.

Thanks for the advice
Tapping with rubber mallet made no difference.
Have to go out as place booked so can't do more now.
So is it safe to leave on until morning when I can look closer?

You can try removing the chrome cap on the pump and turning the spindle manually there is a slot in the end of the spindle shaft using a slotted screw driver while pump has power to it it should start spinning if stuck but if it refuses to spin then a new pump is needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back