Central heating pump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please , can someone help me with this one :cry:

I installed my own CE system 27 years ago and has given me stirling service until very recently.

IE
Potterton Netaheat 10-16 boiler.
Fully pumped 2way valve system.
LANDIS & GYR RWB2 programmer.

I have recently noticed that the pump doesn't trip out when the CE/HW is programmed to go off and will continually run until I actually switch off the main electrical supply to the boiler !

1) I don't believe there is a pump over-run thermostat fitted to the 10-16 boiler which could have caused the problem.

2) I have actually unplugged the LANDIS &GYR programmer from it's mounting plate and still the pump runs !

3) Could it be the relay unit in the boiler that's gone US ?

4) Could it be a PCB problem within the boiler?

5) Or is it something daft I have overlooked !!

Otherwise the system still runs perfectly . Would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Regards colin

Sponsored Links
I put much the same in my kitchen in about 1982, and I can't remember exactly how I wired mine either! But if mine behaved as yours, I'd suspect a short in the pump wiring but it's hard to see how. It should be wired in parallel with the boiler.
You're right, 10-16 had no overrun.

Providing it has not done it all the time buck is on the right track .
Check the microswitches in the motorised valve one of these could be stuck

Sponsored Links
Some of these netaheats did have a basic thermostat pump over run, not many though.

Can't remember which ones though or how they are dentified other than looking at the boiler stat.

Wow! Problem sorted guys :LOL:

Many thanks to:-

ChrisR
buck51
namsag
gas4you
twogas

buck51 and namsag were correct, motorised valve on CE side had packed up.

Many thanks again for your prompt replies.

Regards

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back