Programmable room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Mexico boiler, a Landis & Gyr RWB2 programmer and a Honeywell V4043H 2 port valve.
It looks like the hot water is heated by gravity and the CH by pump.

Is it possible to fit a Sunvic TLX 6501 programmable room thermostat to this system and if so can this be done by connecting the wires from the thermostat by breaking into the dark grey wire into the V4034H.

Any help will be appreciated

Tony

Sponsored Links
Assuming there is no room 'stat at the moment, yes it's possible but it's the brown wire you need to "break into" as you put it.

twgas

thanks for your post,

my V4043 has an orange wire connected to the pump, a blue which is neutral, a dark grey which comes from terminal 4 (CH) on the programmer and a light grey which comes from terminal 3 (HW) on the programmer.

If I use the orange wire this would presumably cut off the supply to the pump but leave the valve open, if I use the dark grey will this close the valve and turn off the pump.

Is the dark grey the brown ?

Switching off the pump will turn of the heating but I presume the boiler ill still fire, is there a way of turning off the boiler using the room thermostat ?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back