Installing programmable room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for some advice please!

I have a Ferroli Modena 80 combi boiler (ok, stop laughing!). It is controlled by the built in time clock (no wall thermostat). I have purchased a Sunvic programmable room stat (model TLX 6501). Can anyone advise on how to connect up and what size cable to use?
Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
I have a Ferroli Modena 80 combi boiler. It is controlled by the built in time clock (no wall thermostat). I have purchased a Sunvic programmable room stat (model TLX 6501). Can anyone advise on how to connect up and what size cable to use?
It connects to terminals 4 and 5 on the Ferroli circuit board. These terminals will be linked together at the moment, so you need to remove the link. They connect to terminals 1 (C) and 2 (ON) of the Sunvic. Use standard 2 wire 5amp cable (earth not required). You will have to set the built-in clock to continuous (I-A-O switch to I).

Hi again,
I am a bit puzzled! In the manual, as you rightly state, it says connect to terminals 4 & 5 on Ferroli circuit board. I cannot find terminals 4 & 5! On page 40 of manual, fig.48 it shows item 72 as been room thermostat but the terminal numbers are 3 & 4! What am i missing?

Regards,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
The manual is very confusing ;)

Have you found any numbered terminals? They are not on the circuit board but in the terminal box on the base of the boiler.

There should be two terminals linked together in the box. Just remove the link and wire the thermostat to these terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back