Heating Programmer and Programmable Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after some advice - my Central Heating has a Sunvic 207xls 2 ch programmer installed as well as a Programmable Room Thermostat in the hall downstairs.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best practice for setting these items up to maintain efficiency on my system. I currently have the Programmer on timed and the room thermostat on a preset default program?

Would I be better leaving the programmer on the Heating side set to On constantly and control the heating via the Room Thermostat?

Any advice greatly received.

Sponsored Links
You have two options for controlling the central heating:

1. Use the programmer to determine when the heating can be on or off. Use the thermostat purely as a thermostat set to (say) 21 degrees for all time periods.

2. Set the programmer to always on and use the thermostat to set the maximum temperature for each time period.

Option 1 is easier to set up. Option 2 has the potential to be more efficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back