Advice please: Programmable Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Was wondering if anybody can help me out...

I am trying to replace a standard Honeywell thermostat with a Sunvic Programmable Room Thermostat http://www.sunvic.co.uk/tlx6501.htm

My current Honeywell thermostat (not programmable) has 4 wires coming from it

* Earth
* Neutral
* Live
* Additional - this i have been told is a link (smaller red wire)

The new Sunvic programmable thermostat only has 3 places for wires to go in the following points

* NO
* COM
* NC

Please can someone tell me what goes where as I am confused?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You are trying to swap a mains powered room thermostat with a battery operated programmable room thermostat which happens to carry mains voltage.

* The COM connection is/should be a permanent 230V live supply.
* The NO connection is the demand for heat (switched live) which should power a motorised valve.
* The NC connection serves no purpose.

In your current system, the room thermostat is sent a switched live from the programmer and it in turn sends a switched live to the MV should there be a demand for heat.

So, you need to work out how to convert from one system to the other.

It's quite easy, but more info is needed to give detailed instructions ;)

Do you have a combi boiler?

If not, are you Y-plan (one 3-port valve) or S-plan (two 2-port valves)?

There is some useful info in the Honeywell Application Guides nos 109, 110, 114 and 115. I know you have a sunvic, but the principle is the same.

Sponsored Links
Dont use the earth or neutral.
connect the live to common and the other switched live to NO.

Dont think that because a wire is blue it is def a neutral check first with either wiring diagram on inside of honeywell cover or a tester

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back