central heating pump will not run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, could really do with some advice on this please.

We have a Potterton suprima 30 boiler that fires up and runs fine but the pump is not running, causing the boiler to shut off or over heat. I thought the pump must have gone. But i have replaced this and it still will not run? The motorised valve seems to be operating ok.

Would be gratful for anyones thoughts or ideas to try before i call in a plumber.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is there power to the pump when heating is called for and thermostat is turned up?

Andy

Is there power to the pump when heating is called for and thermostat is turned up?

Andy

I dont have means to test for power to the pump. But the cable to the boiler and motorised valve and the pump comes from the same junction box. So i assume the power supply to the pump is ok.

Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links
Ok, have tested for power at the pump with multimeter and there is nothing.

Does this mean the pump cable is damaged? This is just a short cable thats runs straight to a connection box that has power?

Have you tested the control box where the wire to the pump comes from?

My advice still stands, call a plumber.

Andy

Does this mean the pump cable is damaged? This is just a short cable thats runs straight to a connection box that has power?
If you are saying there is no power at the pump end of the cable but power at the other end of the cable in the control box? theeeeeennnnnnnnnn...........the cable must be the problem, yup.
I'd call a heating engineer as Herts suggests

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back