Central heating pump wont go off!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello...I'm just after some advise with regards to a problem I've noticed with our heating. I've noticed the pump is on all the time (and its very hot), even when the timer is off...I've noticed this has only been happening the last few days and it struck me as odd as our heating is off due to it being summer...any ideas what this is likely to be? I will get someone out to look at it, but Im just curious and would like to get an idea beforehand....thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's an Ideall Classic FF350. It was installed in 2002 and was re-installed (repositioned in 2007). The timer just has Brittish Gas UP11 (cant see an actual make)...cheers

motorised valve problem is a possibility

Sponsored Links
thanks all...the problem has only started recently...I only noticed as the pump was running but my heating has been off....just struck me as being not quite right...I've got someone coming to look at it later in the week...cheers for the replies!

tamz this boiler doesnt have an overrun stat, op the pump may be running to top up the hot water cylinder.

Do you have 2 'Zone Valves' or 1 '3 port motorised valve'?

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back