Central Heating Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After hearing a loud bang and then silence, I assume my central heating pump (under the floor and under a laminate floor as well!) has gone the way of all things fluid.
What I would like to know is what I should be looking for on the old pump that will give me a clue as to which of the hundreds of new ones to buy when I eventually get around to clearing the room and lifting the floor (s), and, as from memory I cannot remember seeing any valves on the thing, how do I remove it without a flood. (Gravity fed Baxi Bermuda back boiler system.)

Sponsored Links
Can you get at this from below? Do you know exactly where it is? A ceiling might be more easy to patch than lifting/replacing a laminate floor.

Most pumps are interchangeable and should have isolating valves on either end. Might be difficult to access these from below and would then have to drain system.

If you can get exact match for pump you may be able to swop the head without removing body.

You really need to think about moving pump to a more accessible position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back