Central Heating remote control on wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an old remote control unit on my wall (it was in the house when I bought it) and it has recently gone blank, but I can't find any way of swapping batteries, I can't get into it ?
It says British Gas Remote Control Heating on it and is about 3 inches square with a small screen in the middle and '+' and '-' buttons at the bottom.
Any ideas desperately welcomed.

Sponsored Links
British Gas don't make controls, they just put their name on other peoples, but it sounds like it could be a Drayton Digistat.

If it is a Drayton, look underneath and you will see the battery compartment, and there should be a small slot on the bottom. Take a small flat blade such as a table knife horizontally, and insert in in the slot and push it backwards towards the wall, this releases the latch and the battery compartment should drop down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back