Central Heating Room Thermostat Choice

pcr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace a simple honeywell room thermostat. What I hoped for was to be able to set a daytime temperature and a second evening temperature, nothing more. Unfortunately, the thermostats capable of this are the programmable type and much more complicated than I really want.
Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I replaced with a Heatmiser. It optimises when heating comes on for a programmed temperature twice a day.

What boiler do you have? If it's a combi why don't you just fit the plug in mechanical timer and just a normal room stat as opposed to programmable. This way you can have as many on/offs as you want.
Or just fit a honeywell cm927. Yeah it's programmable so slightly different to a normal on/off timer but it's not that difficult to set up so you have two heating periods. You just set the temp to the minimum for the periods you want the heating off and it doubles up as a frost stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. The boiler is conventional so a programmable stat is not ideal, I'll have a look at the Heatmiser stats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back