Central Heating stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is Vokera 20/80 R.S. Flowmatic combi, approx 11 years old. Switched on central heating yesterday, first time in months. Bled all radiators although hardly any air found. 3 out of 10 radiators took over 4 hours to warm up and only after turning down the other 7. Water pressure is ok on the boiler. Switched heating off last night via control unit, but several hours later realised radiators were still warm and heating was still on. Can anyone offer any advice?

Sponsored Links
Do you still get decent hot water from the taps?

Does the pump run?

If so, the problem is likely to be a sticking divertor valve.

Or, but less likely, an accumulation of gunge restricting the flow at a crucial point in the system.

Softus said:
Do you still get decent hot water from the taps?

Does the pump run?

If so, the problem is likely to be a sticking divertor valve.

Or, but less likely, an accumulation of gunge restricting the flow at a crucial point in the system.

Thanks for feedback Softus.
Yes, still getting decent hot water from taps. Sometimes central heating will not turn off, so I turn thermostat down on boiler and some hours later system cools down. Today I could not switch bolier on, although still receiving hot water and I can hear fan constantly running inside boiler. Shall read up on divertor valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back